eScan | HomeRite™
Complete collection of diagnostic testing equipment and
verification software and hardware to produce results.
Includes the following
- eScan Pro™
- eScan ChargeRIte™
- TrueFlow Meter®
- Blower Door & DG700
- Smoke Generator (Optional)
- Digital Camera (Optional)
- Blower Door®
This sophisticated combination of equipment is your complete solution to checking HVAC units and duct systems for efficiency problems.
The use of the eScan HomeRite™ would meet the testing equipment requirements for installation and/or field verification for the following programs:
- State of California Title 24 Measures Requiring Field Verification
and Diagnostic Testing
- Duct Measures
- Duct Sealing
- Supply Duct Location, Surface Area and R-factor
- Air Conditioner Measures
- Improved Refrigerant Charge
- Installation of TXV
- Adequate Air Flow
- Air Handler Fan Watt Draw (Also requires
Portable Watt Meter)
- High EER
- Maximum Cooling Capacity
- Building Envelop Measures
- Building Envelope Sealing
- High Quality Insulation Installation
- Utility Programs
- Air flow and Refrigerant Charge
- Any additional programs similar to CA Title 24 as listed above
- EPA Energy Star field verification for New ENERGY STAR® Residential Air-Source Heat Pumps and Central Air Conditioners (Projected to be effective March 2006.
- California Building Performance Contractors Association and U.S. EPA Home Performance with Energy Star Program for existing homes.
- A lightweight Duct Blaster fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow (an amazing 1,500 CFM) to test even the leakiest of duct systems
- Quick and accurate air tightness measurements from 20 - 1,500 CFM. Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing. Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
- The Duct Blaster can be easily used in new construction applications where a Blower Door can't be used (e.g. before sheet rock is installed).
- The Duct Blaster can also be used as a powered flow hood to accurately measure air flows through the air handler fan, registers and grilles, and exhaust fans.
- It incorporates a variable fan speed control (solid state) available for both 110V and 220V models and a data collection module for communication with and control by the laptop.
- Includes a padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
TrueFlow® Air Handler Flow Meter
- Designed to provide a simple and accurate measurement of airflow through residential air handlers.
- The TrueFlow Meter temporarily replaces the filter in the air handler distribution system during the airflow measurement process.
- If the filter location is directly adjacent to the air handler, the TrueFlow Meter will measure the total air handler flow.
- If the filter is located remotely at a central return, the TrueFlow Meter will measure airflow through the central return.
- Our Blower Door facilitates tests to gauge the air tightness levels of building envelopes.
- It is utilized to diagnose and demonstrate air leakage problems, estimate natural infiltration rates, estimate efficiency losses from that air leakage, and to certify construction integrity.
- The Blower Door enables precise, stable flow measurements without the need for gauge dampening.
- Quick and accurate flow measurements from 30 to 6,300 CFM. It consists of a lightweight, rugged injection molded fan housing with and a variable fan speed control (solid state) in both 110V/60 Hz and 220V/50 Hz models (CE labeling available for 220V model) as well as a data collection module for communication with and control by the eScan laptop.
- Digital pressure and flow gauge is the latest instrumentation option for the Model 3 Blower Door.
- The DG-700 contains 2 precision pressure sensors which provide simultaneous display of both building pressure and Blower Door fan flow readings.
- It's specialized "Baseline" and "CFM @50" features makes it extremely easy to get quick and accurate airtightness test results.
- In addition, the DG-700 can be used along with a laptop computer and specialized TEC software to conduct fully automated Blower Door tests.